Past Perfect Tense
1) When we returned, we found that somebody
(break into) our flat.
(not/finish) cooking dinner when my parents came to visit us yesterday morning.
3) Jim went out for coffee after he
(write) a letter to his grandmother.
4) They left the cinema after the film
5) She was excited because she
(not/see) a play before.
6) Did you like the cake she
(hear) the song on the radio before he bought the CD.
8) They were tired because they
9) She was sad because she
(lose) the game.
10) The match
(start) when they arrived at the stadium.